The LCG seeks to represent literature by Latin American and Caribbean writers, and people of Latin American descent that are defined by the stories themselves -- memorable characters, innovative literary styles -- and not by the country or origin or ethnicity of the writer telling those stories. While one's culture may shine through, that should not be the main attraction. We want out-of-left-field, mind-bending books that don't just defy convention...they create whole new categories. As such, we have decided to revamp our submission guidelines to more pointedly champion writers who may not be able to find homes elsewhere. Read below for a detailed look at our new submission guidelines.*
*these new guidelines do not pertain to the LCG Lounge.
SUBMISSIONS FOR MANUSCRIPTS ARE CLOSED UNTIL MID-2018. WE ARE STILL TAKING SUBMISSIONS FOR THE LOUNGE. EMAIL PUBLISHER@LCGEDITORES.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION.
WHAT WE WANT
- Genre and literary fiction. We are most interested in avant-garde, absurdist, militant, confrontational stories. The more envelopes you push, the better.
- Hybrid works that incorporate multiple formats (ie. poetry/narrative, narrative/script, play/poetry)
- Stories that are in English, Spanish, Spanglish, or which contain indigenous languages.
- Books that are idiosyncratic and break rules, create genres, and exist outside of the mainstream.
- Investigative journalism of the gonzo variety. If it is nonfiction, we want something that will rip our hearts out and awaken our minds to the realities of the world.
- Plays, short and full length, to be featured in our annual anthologies.
- We are a LGBTQ friendly publisher and would be very interested in LGBTQ stories in all genres.
- Authors must submit their query letter in the body of the email and attach the first 20 pages of their manuscript.
WHAT WE DON'T WANT
- We do not want books that deal with immigration or identity politics, follow old fashioned literary rules and structures, or would fit in easily with anything that could be called "Latinx."
- Anything religious, spiritual, or self-help oriented.
- Children's books.
- Memoirs or autobiographical poetry.
We will respond to your queries within 6-8 weeks. Do not send us follow up emails. We will respond regardless of our decision regarding your manuscript.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.