House Rules for the LCG Lounge
We currently have 3 separate calls for the LCG Lounge. Artists and writers are encouraged to apply to more than one call.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! The LCG Lounge seeks pieces for its end-of-the-year event: RECOLLECTIONS OF 2017. Before we jump into 2018, we are looking back at the highs and lows of 2017. What were your favorite memories? Which ones make you cringe? What were the monumental or minuscule moments that pointed you in a new direction? We are looking for both serious and comedic pieces. Please submit your short essays, rants, and one-liners to email@example.com to be considered.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! For the month of December we are looking for THE BEST OF 2017 and THE WORST OF 2017. The pieces can be in the form of lists or essays on specific works of art or pop culture. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! To celebrate this holiday season, the LCG Lounge is focusing on HOLIDAY TRADITIONS AND CUSTOMS OF MARGINALIZED GROUPS. Please submit stories, essays, poems, scripts, visual art, videos, and audio to email@example.com to be considered.
It can take writers years to complete a manuscript, and in the meantime, they may write shorter works in an effort to build their resumes. We have created the LCG Lounge as a space for writers to submit their short works, with the intent of developing these authors for future publication with either LCG or our parent company, Black Rose Writing.
For those looking to be interviewed, showcase a piece of visual art or a video, publish a short story, novel excerpt, poem, or short script, we provide that space. We also, for those seeking feedback, publish works for readers to critique and offer critiques of our own.
Our space, in this manner, can be used as a workshop, with us publishing multiple drafts as you polish and refine, so readers can follow you on that journey. This feature is free of charge, and you can use it for one draft or several, the choice is yours.
Rules for Submissions:
- Anyone can submit in any genre or format (stories, novel excerpts, poems, plays, scripts, photographs, paintings, interviews, and videos)
- Short stories and novel excerpts keep under 15 pages and up to three poems per submission.
- Short plays and play/script excerpts up to 20 pages.
- For interview inquiries, tell us about your project and include a brief bio.
- For artwork or visual arts, send us a link or the image itself that you wish to display in the Lounge.
- To be considered, send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.