House Rules for the LCG Lounge
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! In honor of February being a month of love, the LCG Lounge is looking for submissions about relationship fails. Bad dates, dramatic break ups, revenge on shitty exes, texting gone wrong, etc. The pieces can be stories, poems, hybrid works, theatrical monologues, short plays, or video testimonials. COMEDY is what we are looking for. Please submit your stories, poems, essays, and artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 12 to be considered.
It can take writers years to complete a manuscript, and in the meantime, they may write shorter works in an effort to build their resumes. We have created the LCG Lounge as a space for writers to submit their short works, with the intent of developing these authors for future publication with either LCG or our parent company, Black Rose Writing.
For those looking to be interviewed, showcase a piece of visual art or a video, publish a short story, novel excerpt, poem, or short script, we provide that space. We also, for those seeking feedback, publish works for readers to critique and offer critiques of our own.
Our space, in this manner, can be used as a workshop, with us publishing multiple drafts as you polish and refine, so readers can follow you on that journey. This feature is free of charge, and you can use it for one draft or several, the choice is yours.
Rules for Submissions:
- Anyone can submit in any genre or format (stories, novel excerpts, poems, plays, scripts, photographs, paintings, interviews, and videos)
- Short stories and novel excerpts keep under 15 pages and up to three poems per submission.
- Short plays and play/script excerpts up to 20 pages.
- For interview inquiries, tell us about your project and include a brief bio.
- For artwork or visual arts, send us a link or the image itself that you wish to display in the Lounge.
- To be considered, send your submissions to email@example.com.