La Casita Grande Editores
has an opening for a
Summer 2018 Editorial Intern!
La Casita Grande Editores, an imprint of Black Rose Writing, is dedicated to experimental, innovative, genre-busting narratives in English and in Spanish, while providing international distribution through Ingram and Baker & Taylor, allowing our authors to sell their books in libraries, universities, and bookstores large and small. At La Casita Grande Editores, publishing is not just a matter of releasing a book; it is a matter of developing a whole artist ready to take on the world.
As a core member of La Casita Grande Editores’ team, you will gain comprehensive exposure to the editorial, marketing, and development processes of small house publishing. This position will work closely with the Editorial Team and the Editor-in-Chief.
Responsibilities may include:
- Follow production process from manuscript submission to final publication
- Assist in developing calls for submissions
- Develop contests and organize submission
- Proofread manuscripts and publicity materials
- Assist in managing the online Lounge
- Update our website and social media pages
Actively contribute to the editorial process with ideas that don’t just defy conventions but create whole new categories
The ideal candidate will:
- have a Bachelor's Degree or be a university junior or senior with significant coursework in English, literature, creative writing, marketing, and/or Spanish
- have experience editing across genres and media
- be social media savvy and have experience with web content
- BE A WORD NERD!
(experience with cover design a plus)
(ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish a plus)
This is a remote position with a commitment of 20-30 hours a week from June to August. This internship is unpaid, but we strongly encourage students to seek college credit and funding. We will do our best to work with your university’s for-credit requirements.
In your application, please include:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position
- Your resume
- Two professional or academic references with contact information
Deadline to apply is April 30, 2018.
Please submit all applications and
direct all questions to:
Emma Comery, Senior Editor firstname.lastname@example.org